Monday, January 26, 2015

A Winner... and a Book Birthday!





















As you know from my last post, I just loved Mel Ryane's TEACHING WILL. I'm happy to report that Random.org did it's thang, and Karen Lee Hallam won a copy. (Karen look for an email from me in your inbox.)

The grooviest happening this week is the book birthday of THE INQUISITOR'S MARK, my Project Mayhem colleague, Dianne Salerni's latest. Publication date is the 27th!

I loved the first book in this series, THE EIGHTH DAY, (see my review and interview with Dianne from last year), and the sequel doesn't disappoint. Dianne is really skillful at creating tension and writing action scenes--and I am zipping through it, but not quite ready to post my review till next week.

Okay, back to reading. (Yikes, Jax and friends are being chased through the New York zoo by guys shooting tranquilizer darts. I can hardly breathe!) Have a great week, mafiosi!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Dianne is very talented in creating a book that you want to read fast. Looking forward to your review of it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Michael! I look forward to your review!
    (And my family accompanied me on a research trip to Central Park Zoo for that scene. They took pictures of the animals. I pretended I was being chased. I was behaving so suspiciously, it's a wonder I wasn't stopped by security.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both these books on my radar. Thanks for the reminder. Now finish that book so we can read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great when the second book in a series is just as thrilling as the first? Dianne did such a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm thrilled! Cannot wait to read this. I'll keep an I for the email. Thank you, Michael and MGM for the prize. :D

    ReplyDelete

Youse got something to say? Well, say it then. (The Don and I will shoot you... a personal reply, that is. But if we can't find your e-mail, we'll just reply in the comment box.)