Monday, June 6, 2016

Middle Grade Mafioso makes the news!


Middle Grade Mafioso hit the big leagues yesterday, with a mention in Oregon's newspaper, THE OREGONIAN. The Don thinks we should rename June the 5th as Mafioso Day.

What is all of this about? Well, I have a friend (our sons are on the same baseball team) who is a journalist for The Oregonian. Knowing I was a blogger of repute, she emailed to ask for summer reading recommendations. I gave her a list a mile long, and she ended up featuring two titles (she had other experts on the case as well.)

The featured titles were Dianne K. Salerni's THE EIGHTH DAY and Kimberley Griffiths Little's THE TIME OF THE FIREFLIES. Both great books.

To see the full list in The Oregonian, go HERE.

Later in the week, I will be reviewing a tremendous writing resource, Gabriela Pereira's DIYMFA. Till then, ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome your book recommendations were in the paper. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending my book! I was thrilled to see it there!

    I thought her list was widely comprehensive, offering something for every age reader in multiple genres, both fiction and non-fiction. Which was why I had to roll my eyes at the first comment by a literary snob, which said that with the exception of the Hamilton book, the list was full of "crap."

    I bet he's a lot of fun at parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Michael. It's always good to get some exposure to new readers.

    ReplyDelete

Youse got something to say? Well, say it then. (The Don and I will shoot you... a personal reply, that is. But if we can't find your e-mail, we'll just reply in the comment box.)